The displayer of this badge certifies that he or she is a proud indexer of the 1940 Census.
1. Name: James G “Jim” Jones
2. First Indexed: April 2012
3. First Batch: New Castle County Delaware – Now concentrating entirely on Louisiana
4. Favorite experiences: Learning to read some of the Cajun names from South Louisiana
5. I learned about this award from the blog of: The Ancestry Insider (http://ancestryinsider.blogspot.com/2012/04/1940-first-indexer-award.html)
If you want to help index, visit http://indexing.familysearch.org.
Search This Site
VISIT MY OTHER WEB SITES
WANT TO VIEW CURRENT NEWSLETTER? CLICK HERE
VIEW 2014-15 MEETING DATES
Upcoming Genealogy and History Meetings
GENCOM Genealogical Computer Society and the GENCOM DNA Special Interest Group will not meet during the months of June, July, and August, 2104. Our first scheduled meetings after the Summer Break are as follows:
GENCOM - Sunday, 28 September 2014 at 2:00 P.M.
DNA SIG - Wednesday, 10 September 2014 at 10:00 A.M.
Both of these meetings will be held as usual in the large meeting room of the Broadmoor Branch Library, 1212 Captain Shreve Drive, Shreveport, LA
Special Interest Groups (SIGs) Meetings meet monthly on the following days at Podnuh’s Bar-B-Q.
Caddo-Bossier Window Users and Microsoft Windows SIG Groups – Second Thursday at 7:00 p.m.
GENCOM members Bernie and Glenda Conradi conduct this Special Interest Group and all members of GENCOM should find them of interest.
J. C. Barnett’s Word/Excel SIG Group has moved their meeting and will meet with Bernie Conradi’s Windows Class. These classes are held the third Thursday at 2:00 p.m. at the Christ Lutheran Church, 290 Idema Street off Linwood Avenue. If you need help in either Microsoft Windows and Word or Excel, these are the meetings to attend.